Friday, November 29, 2013

On Thanksgiving: What Immigrants Bring to Our Shores

This writer came to the US 26 years ago and writes his thoughts for Thanksgiving.    - - Donna Poisl

This week, a local news reporter called me. He was doing a Thanksgiving-themed piece on people who had washed up here in our coastal New England town from other countries (a la pilgrims). He was looking for local expatriates or immigrants who had  ”done well.”

This last qualifier made me think. Done well.

I arranged to meet the reporter for an evening interview at one of our local diners. There, over a cup of hot tea, I gave dates and years and reasons for leaving Ireland, followed by my motivations for staying in the U.S. of A.
Click on the HEADLINE above to read the rest of this story! This is only a small part of it.


No comments: