Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Immigrants seeking a green card must navigate a minefield of application fees

Two fees must be paid to the U.S. State Dept. and a third to USCIS to get their green card. Read the questions and answers in this article.  - - Donna Poisl

from Allan Wernick

Recent changes in fee-paying procedures are causing great consternation for immigrants and their families. Let’s see if I can help.

In family immigration cases, two fees must be paid to the U.S. Department of State before the applicant gets his or her immigrant visa: the fee to process the required affidavit of support and an immigrant visa application fee. Once the consul issues the person an immigrant visa, he or she must pay a USCIS Immigrant Visa fee. An agent or representative can pay the first two fees. Only the immigrant can pay the USCIS Immigrant Visa fee, and has up to a year to pay it.
Click on the HEADLINE above to read the rest of this story! This is only a small part of it.

No comments: