Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Immigrants Are the American Way

This immigrant compares immigrants with issues that were raised in the new Superman movie.  - - Donna Poisl

FROM JULIAN GOMEZ

Superman is not real, but I have met many people like him. Chances are, you have too.

Superman is an immigrant. Born on Krypton, he came to the United States with the promise of Hope -- a symbol he bears on his chest. My own parents came to this country with that same hope when I was only two years old. I am an undocumented American. My story is one of eleven million.

When my friends were all getting licenses and I couldn't, I had hope. When they started applying for scholarships I couldn't apply for, I had hope. When the DREAM Act didn't pass, I still had hope. I have hope because I know this country's history, and to borrow a phrase from Dr. King, I know "[t]he arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends towards justice."
Click on the HEADLINE above to read the rest of this story! This is only a small part of it.


No comments: