Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Beliefs about immigrants may be false

Some people still have these beliefs and there are some good arguments against them here.    - - Donna Poisl

By Skip Marsden

Many of us hold assumptions about things for which we don’t have all the facts. I hear something from a trusted source, and I assume it is fact.

That seems to be true about our local immigrant community. I decided to check into some beliefs about immigrants that get bantered about, and borrowed an information sheet I received from Centro Latino, a local nonprofit organization whose mission is to respond to critical needs of Latinos and to bridge the cultural gap between Spanish-speaking and non-Spanish-speaking members of our community.

I addressed issues with more current data I found online.
Click on the HEADLINE above to read the of false beliefs! This is only a small part of it.


No comments: