Saturday, June 25, 2011

Help To Ease Transition To Queens

This woman who was a new immigrant here 15 years ago is helping new immigrants get through their struggles. - - Donna Poisl

By Jason Banrey

Pursuing the American Dream can be a long and arduous journey. Many of the immigrants who arrive in this borough often lack the adequate educational, social and technical skills necessary to seamlessly integrate themselves into American culture.

Tamanna Yasmin of Jackson Heights understands that predicament all too well. After arriving in the United States from Bangladesh in 1996, she said she had no choice but to embrace the challenges of assimilation head on.

“When I came to this country, I was facing the same problems as immigrants today face,” Yasmin said. “I figured if I can get through those [challenges] I can help others who are going through what I did.”
Click on the headline above to read the rest of this story! This is only a small part of it.

No comments: