Monday, July 05, 2010

Plugging The Wrong Side of The Dam: Immigration

Mr. Moss writes that poverty in Mexico is the most important reason for their citizens risking their lives to come here. He fears immigration reform here will not do much to solve that. How does that get solved? Any ideas? - - Donna Poisl

By: Jim Moss

Last December, I compared the "War on Terror" to my childhood hobby of building dams from mud and sand in the creek behind my house. My main challenge was plugging leaks that could erode and eventually collapse my structure:

"Just as no amount of mud slapped on the backside of one of my dams could stop the leaks – neither can the best military efforts, the best intelligence, nor the best homeland security measures stop this desire to disrupt the peace and security of our nation. The only way we can remedy the situation is by taking action on the frontside of the dam –
Click on the headline above to read the rest of this story! This is only a small part of it.

No comments: