Thursday, April 06, 2006

Immigrants attracted by jobs

This story shows how immigrants and refugees from all over the world come here and move to places where they can find jobs. Their biggest dream is to provide freedom and education for their children. DP

Hispanic, African populations grow rapidly, census shows

By Kelly Soderlund and Angela Mapes, The Journal Gazette

The Journal Gazette: Tony Aduro immigrated to the United States from Nigeria in 1999 hoping to live in a country where he could express his opinions without fearing persecution from his government. Aduro’s dreams mirror the ones that thousands of immigrants from across the world had before they moved to Fort Wayne looking for freedom and prosperity.

“I just wanted to be able to stay in a country where I would be able to express myself and my opinion,” said Aduro, who is the executive director of the African Immigrants Social and Economic Development Agency, which helps Africans find jobs and introduces them into the community.

“I wanted to stay in a place where I would be able to express myself freely, where I would be able to give my children the independence they want where they would grow up knowing democracy and independence is good.”

Be sure to read the rest of this story! This is only a small part of it.

No comments: