Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Searching for way to reach groups teaching immigrants

Does anyone have ideas as to how I can reach groups that are helping immigrants learn English and U.S. life skills? This could be with churches, libraries, schools, employers, etc. etc. They are not in organizations and I only find them one by one. This helps a little bit but is very time consuming and I know I am missing 95% of them.

I am trying to introduce my book to them to use in their classes: a bilingual (English and Spanish) reference guide "How to Live & Thrive in the U.S."
Thanks, Donna

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Donna,

My name is Adam Ramsey, and I have noticed the gap in these types of programs as well. I have seen them in libraries, churches, and schools as you discuss, but there do not seem to be many organizations where English education and a cultural resource center are the primary purposes.

As a result, I am in the very early planning stages of initiating and non-profit organization that fills this need. Not surprisingly, your book sounds exactly like something I am looking for! I'm located near Dallas, TX and would be very interested to contact you about this issue. Hope to hear from you soon.

Donna Poisl said...

Adam, you didn't give me a way to contact you. Please send me an email. the address is in my profile at the side of the page. Your blogger profile is not public. Thanks

Get a sample chapter at http://www.howtoliveandthrive.com or email requests to bookinfo@howtoliveandthrive.com.