Friday, October 26, 2012

Op-Ed: Abused Immigrant Women Forced to Keep Quiet or Else Be Deported

Immigration reform is needed to help these abused women, DACA will help their children, but not the mothers.   - - Donna Poisl

By Norma Ortiz, Fox News Latino

Too many immigrant women, forced into the shadows of society, have had to make the choice between protecting themselves or keeping their families together.
I have had to make that choice.

I endured abuse by my partner, while worrying constantly about my then three-year-old son. But, because of my immigration status, I feared what would happen if I contacted the authorities.

When I finally did make the decision to call, my fears turned out to be all too real.
Click on the HEADLINE above to read the rest of this story! This is only a small part of it.

No comments: