Friday, December 10, 2010

IMMIGRATION: Soldiers become U.S. citizens

Twenty one soldiers were sworn in as U.S. citizens at a ceremony in an Army Training Center in California. Congratulations to them and thank you for serving. - - Donna Poisl

By DARRELL R. SANTSCHI, The Press-Enterprise

Army Spc. Guadalupe Forcado, of San Bernardino, is a Mexican immigrant who has lived in the United States 22 of her 23 years.

"I already felt like I was part of this country," she said, "but I wanted to call myself a citizen. To me, it is an honor."

She and 20 other soldiers from 14 countries were sworn in as U.S. citizens Thursday morning at the Army's National Training Center at Fort Irwin. All were legal immigrants with green cards.
Click on the headline above to read the rest of this story! This is only a small part of it.

No comments: