Friday, December 27, 2013

Tyler’s teaching, care shines

This woman decided she wanted to be a teacher at age six. This passion has made her such a good teacher.   - - Donna Poisl

by John Dykstra

Lisa Tyler knew she wanted to become a teacher when she was in first grade. Ever since then, the Willson preschool teacher has made a complete circle, as she now teaches in the same room she attended kindergarten in.

“I told Mrs. Gourley I wanted to be a teacher, and she said I could student teach for her if I graduated from college,” Tyler said. “She told me that every time I saw her for about 15 years.”

Tyler’s ambition to learn kept June Gourley’s attention through the years. It also earned Tyler the recognition as a 2013 Journal Review Shining Star.
Click on the HEADLINE above to read the rest of this story! This is only a small part of it.