Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Obama would push major immigration plan in second term

It is usually easier to do difficult legislation in the second term, maybe this will get done next year.    - - Donna Poisl

By David Jackson, USA TODAY

President Obama says he will push for major immigration legislation if he is re-elected.

Obama told Univision he would like to do immigration this year, but Republican opposition is too intense.

"I can promise that I will try to do it in the first year of my second term," Obama said.

"I want to try this year," he added. "The challenge we've got on immigration reform is very simple. I've got a majority of Democrats who are prepared to vote for it, and I've got no Republicans who are prepared to vote for it."
http://content.usatoday.com/communities/theoval/post/2012/04/obama-to-push-immigration-plan-in-first-year-of-new-term/1#.T49eAt3DyL4
Click on the LINK above to read the rest of this story! This is only a small part of it.

No comments: