Monday, August 12, 2013

St. Louis hopes immigrants will find beauty in Mosaic

The St. Louis Mosaic Project is promoting a more welcoming place for immigrant entrepreneurs in their city.   - - Donna Poisl

By David Baugher, special to the Beacon

When Jason Jan came to the United States, he traveled a bit, even spent some time in California. But when it was time to settle down and found his own company, the native Malaysian knew just where he wanted to do it.

“I got my bachelor's in finance from UMSL. I met my wife in St. Louis,” said Jan, creator of FroYo, a chain of frozen yogurt stores, as he hands out samples of his enterprise’s signature product in the atrium of the Donald Danforth Plant Science Center. “It has a good quality of life, good school districts, reasonable cost of living. I can tell you that I love St. Louis. It’s a great place to start a family, a great place to start a business.”
Click on the HEADLINE above to read the rest of this story! This is only a small part of it.

No comments: